What - Why - How and When - All about EMV.
What is EMV ?
EMV stands for Europay, MasterCard and Visa, a global standard for inter-operation of integrated circuit cards (IC cards or "chip cards") and IC card capable point of sale (POS) terminals and automated teller machines (ATMs), for authenticating credit and debit card transactions.
Why EMV is important ?
In the current Retail industry there are data breaches being reported on a periodic basis. Also the credit card breaches are having a negative impact on consumer sentiment and retail sales. While the retail industry focuses o...n safeguarding consumer payment data through advanced technologies such as point-to-point encryption, tokenization and methods of cardholder authentication that go beyond current Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council (PCISS) requirements, the major credit card companies are continuing their efforts to deploy their proprietary EMV technology.
Even though the EMV (Europay, MasterCard and Visa) system is nothing new (it was developed more than 20 years ago), the card companies insist that it is a necessary and logical step for U.S. consumers and retailers to take.
How will EMV be offered in USA ?
As deployed throughout most of the world, EMV replaces the magnetic stripe on credit cards with an embedded microchip and the signature with a personal identification number. But as proposed for the United States, most banks would offer cards with only the chip and not the PIN essential to confirming that the card is being used by a legitimate cardholder.
When will EMV be implemented ?
The card industry plans to roll out these cards in 2015. With them will come new rules mandating more liability for data breaches on retailers if they are not equipped to accept the cards. Like it or not, EMV is coming and retailers and merchants need to be prepared sooner than later!!!
Mihir Shah - Diviasoft, Inc
ref: EMV & NRF website.
Support for Windows XP is ending April 18, 2014.
Windows XP was first released in 2002 and Microsoft has provided support for Windows XP for the past 12 years.
After April 8, 2014, technical assistance for Windows XP will no longer be available, including automatic updates that help protect your PC. Microsoft will also stop providing Microsoft Security Essentials for download on Windows XP on this date. (If you already have Microsoft Security Essentials installed, you will continue to receive antimalware signature updates for a limited time, but this does not mean that your PC will be secure because Microsoft will no longer be providing security updates to help protect your PC.)
If you continue to use Windows XP after support ends, your computer will still work but it might become more vulnerable to security risks and viruses. Also, as more software and hardware manufacturers continue to optimize for more recent versions of Windows, you can expect to encounter greater numbers of apps and devices that do not work with Windows XP.
Please contact Diviasoft if you would like to upgrade all your XP computers to Windows 7. Contact us before the support expires to keep your systems protected. You may also want to upgrade to the latest version of Microsoft RMS to keep your system upto date.
Microsoft Dynamics® RMS 2.0 Feature Packs, Service Packs, and Hotfixes - Updated 12-16-2013
Microsoft Dynamics RMS 2.0 Cumulative Update 5 (CU5) has been released on CustomerSource and PartnerSource. This update is available to all customers who subscribe to a Microsoft Dynamics Maintenance Plan.
Microsoft Dynamics RMS 2.0 Cumulative Update 5 (CU5) is cumulative and contains all hotfixes that were released after Feature Pack 2 (FP2).
Cumulative Update 5 includes the following new features:
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics Online Payment Services. This integration provides up-to-date access to Microsoft Dynamics Online services and, through the Payment Services software development kit, provides new customization options for partners and payment processors who want additional payment options.
Note The previous Microsoft Dynamics Online integration (sometimes referred to as "version 1") no longer appears as an option on the EDC tab of the Configuration dialog box in Store Operations Administrator. If you have been using that option, your settings will be preserved in the registry and you can continue to do so. However, we strongly encourage you to move to the latest integration, which has been validated against the latest PCI Payment Application Data Security Standard. For more information about how to update your system, see "Integrating EDC software" in Store Operations Administrator Online Help.
In support of current industry standards, Store Operations now sends reversals instead of refunds for voids of debit purchase and return transactions and for transactions that time out.
Store Operations now rejects payment processing connections that do not use strong ciphers (128 bits or higher).
This change was implemented as part of our validation against version 2.0 of the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Payment Application Data Security Standard and our effort to keep Microsoft Dynamics RMS PCI compliant.
Changes to your environment might be necessary to maintain PCI compliance in your organization. For more information, see the most up-to-date PCI Data Security Standard for merchants and see the latest version of the Microsoft Dynamics RMS Implementation Guide for PCI Compliance, available in the Cumulative Update 5 Downloads section on the CU5 download page.
Cumulative Update 5 includes the following changes in functionality:
The "-q" switch introduced in hotfix rollup 2735491 for suppression of warning messages in Headquarters Client has been added to Headquarters Server, Voucher Server, and Voucher Client. To suppress warning messages for these programs, change the shortcut for the program so that it looks something like this (with the path adjusted for your system and with the correct executable name):
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters\HQServer" –q
The following obsolete payment options have been removed from the EDC tab of the Configuration dialog box in Store Operations Administrator.
WinTI / European EFT
Note These integrations have not been PCI validated and are no longer supported by Microsoft. Customers who wish to continue using these options can do so by explicitly setting the registry key for these integrations to True. The registry key is:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management System\Store Operations\POSUser\EDC\
The behavior of Style 251: Update Inventory – Item Prices worksheet has been updated. The Cost and Profit Margin columns have been made read only to prevent costs set by the store manager from being inadvertently overwritten.
The Original PO number has been added to the PO receipt in Headquarters Manager and Store Operations Manager.
The item list in both Store Operations Manager and Headquarters Manager opens with active items shown by default. As before, if you make another selection in the list, this selection is preserved through the session.
In addition to the new features changed functionality listed above, Cumulative Update 5 includes fixes for the following issues:
You receive the following error message when you process debit transactions:
"Connection error: Authorization response contained NAK or ENQ. Please try again. None = 0, Source = "
You receive an error when you try to settle credit or debit transactions that were voided in Terminal Offline mode.
When you export a new store database from Headquarters with Microsoft SQL Server 2012, the centrally maintained data is not populated and the store ID is incorrect.
You receive the following run-time error message when you try to approve a Style 251: Update Inventory – Item Prices worksheet that is missing a date field:
"Run-time error '-2147217887 (80040e21)': Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check each status value."
Incorrect opening amounts are shown in the Inventory Valuation report.
Deadlock issues can occur when you tender transactions or work on purchase orders on multiple registers, or when you run reports on one machine while transactions are being processed on other registers.
The Help button in the Top Cashier report in Headquarters Manager does not work as expected.
Matrix item component costs are not updated correctly when new matrix items are created.
Hotfix #37 - Released 3-5-13 - Build 2.0.1006
- You cannot remove or reset a previously configured button on the task pad in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Manager. After you apply this hotfix rollup, a new button type that is called Unassigned is available in the Button Type drop-down list in the Task Pad Properties dialog box. You can use the Unassignedbutton to reset task pad buttons.
- When you import data into a "Style 251: Update Inventory - Item Prices" worksheet in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters Manager, you receive the following error message:
Run-time error '91': Object variable or With block variable not set.
- Assume that you highlight a purchase order in the purchase order list in Microsoft Dynamics Store Operations Manager. Then, you perform sales transactions in Microsoft Dynamics Store Operations POS on another computer. In this situation, the position of the highlighted purchase order in the list is changed unexpectedly.
Hotfix #36 - Released 2-15-13 - Build 2.0.1005
- The Purchase Order and Inventory Transfer reports in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters and Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations are updated incorrectly if one or more of the following conditions are true:
- The PO Date filter is applied.
- The Order Date filter is applied.
- There is an OR criterion along with a date filter.
- The Negative Expression filter is applied.
- Assume that you filter a report by a column that contains a date range and one other column in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters or Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations. When you run the report, the report displays no result.
- After you perform certain operations in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations POS, the VeriFone MX860 payment terminal screen does not clear.
- When you process debit-card transactions in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations POS, the VeriFone MX860 payment terminal screen displays the last selected item instead of the total tender amount.
- When you tender a transaction that has multiple tender types in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations POS, the signature capture dialog box appears only on POS but not on the VeriFone MX860 payment terminal screen.
- When you tender a transaction that has multiple tender types in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations POS, the VeriFone MX860 payment terminal stops responding.
Hotfix #35 - Released 12-3-12 - Build 2.0.1004
- When you change an item’s description in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters Manager or Microsoft Dynamics Store Operations Manager, the item list is immediately resorted.
- You experience performance issues in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Manager while users are processing sales on other computers.
- When you save changes in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Manager that you made in the Item Properties window on a computer that accesses the database server over a network, the item list takes 10-20 seconds to save the changes and refresh the list.
Hotfix #34 - Released 11-29-12 - Build 2.0.1003
- The POS TaskPad in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations is not displayed in Terminal Offline Mode.
- Mix and Match discounts do not work as expected in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations POS when one or more items in a transaction have the “Must enter price at the POS” option enabled.
- You receive the following error message when you try to open the Cashier list in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Manager:
'Runtime Error 381: Invalid Array Property Index'
- You receive the following error message when you try to open the Tender Type list in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Manager:
'Runtime Error 381: Invalid Array Property Index'
- You receive the following error message when you try to tender multiple concurrent transactions at the same time in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations POS:
Transaction (Process ID xx) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.
Note To resolve this issue, there is a separate set of instructions that you must complete. These instructions are listed in the Hotfix 2784931 knowledge base article.
Hotfix #33 - Released 10-29-12 - Build 2.0.1002
- Error message when you try to edit or save a Purchase Order in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Manager:
Run-time error '91':
Object variable or With Block variable not set
- The Totals section is truncated in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations POS when you switch between “Classic View” and “TaskPad View” or when you adjust the size of the Custom POS Buttons, TaskPad, or Function Keys.
- TaskPads do not function correctly when you change the Language.dat file in Microsoft Dynamics RMS POS.
- You experience an issue in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations POS where the Upper and Lower Bound warning message no longer reverts the price back to the original price when you click “No.”
- Error message when you try to start Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Manager or Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations POS applications:
Run-time error '430':
Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface
- Error message when you try to process a worksheet in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters Client when you use a Windows locale that uses a day/month/year date format:
Error -2147217913: The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value.
- Error message when you click Properties to open a TaskPad in Microsoft Dynamics Store Operations Manager:
Run-time error '94':
Invalid use of Null
- The Password Policy Settings, New Encryption Key, and Delete Audit Logs are greyed out in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Administrator.
- The item list in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Manager refreshes and the focus is moved to the first item in the list when a sale is processed on another computer.
- The item list in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters Manager refreshes and the focus is moved to the first item in the list when a store connects and processes worksheets.
- All item quantities in an Inter-Store Transfer out in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Manager are zero in the issuing store.
- Error message when you try to drill into a purchase order from the Purchase Orders report in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters Manager:
Run-time error '383':
'Text' property is read-only
Hotfix #32 - Released 8-28-12 - Build 2.0.1001
- When you try to access KPI information from a purchase order or you run the "GMROI and Inventory Turns" report in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Manager, you receive the following error message:
Error #2147217913 - The conversion of a VARCHAR data type into a DATETIME data type resulted in an out of range value. (Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server)
- You cannot sell or redeem vouchers in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations POS that uses pre-encoded magnetic gift cards, when the pre-encoded magnetic gift card are formatted as "%12345?" instead of the Format B standard.
NoteWe recommend that you use pre-encoded magnetic gift cards that are encoded as "Format B" gift cards. Please contact your gift card supplier to make sure that the new cards that you buy are encoded as "Format B" cards.
- When you try to process a "Style 401: Request Data Upload" worksheet in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters Client, you receive one of the following error messages:
Note To resolve this issue, there is a separate set of instructions that you must complete. These instructions are listed in the Hotfix 2735491knowledge base article.
- Dynazip zip Warning Zip File error… missing end signature.
- Run time error 40006 : Wrong protocol or connection state for the requested transaction or request.
- You cannot add money to a Global Voucher in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations POS when security is set to prevent modification to the Price column and the Must enter price at the POS option is enabled.
- You cannot change the font color for captions of task pad buttons in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Manager.
NoteIf you created new task pads in addition to the default Custom task pad, there is a separate set of instructions that you must complete. These instructions are listed in the Hotfix 2735491 knowledge base article.
- If the ID of a remote payment is the same as the ID of a local payment that was made at the store, receipts are displayed incorrectly for the remote payment in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations POS.
- You cannot print a gift receipt by clicking Print Gift Receipt in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations POS when the Mark as duplicate receipt option is enabled.
- You cannot select a value in the Status of quantity discrepancies drop-down menu on the Issue and Receive tabs in an inventory transfer order in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters Manager.
Microsoft Dynamics RMS - Feature Pack 2 (FP2) is released !! August 2012.
Microsoft Dynamics RMS 2.0 Feature Pack 2 (FP2) is cumulative and contains all hotfixes that were released after Service Pack 4 (SP4). Please contact us for upgrading to RMS 2.0 FP2.
New Features in RMS Headquarters
- Improved worksheet handling
- Manage store prices and sale prices from Headquarters
- Automatic item lookup codes
- Inactive stores
- Inactive cashiers
- Inactive tender types
- New report for tracking in-transit inventory
- Interstore inventory transfer discrepancy management
- Support for multiple currencies in the purchase order workflow
New Features in Store Operations
- POS task pads
- Automatic item lookup codes
- Gift receipts
- Inactive cashiers and inactive tender types
- Prevent sale of all inactive items
- Set custom back order deposits
In addition to the new features listed above, Feature Pack 2 includes fixes for the following issues:
Please contact Diviasoft, Inc @ 732-791-2894 to schedule an upgrade to RMS 2.0 FP2.
- Tender rounding amount is not included in the batch totals when using “Round to value” for the tender type.
- The buttons "Add Item" and "QuickScan" on the Transfer Order and Purchase Order forms are not available when these buttons are disabled for users with a different security level.
- Buttons are not available in the Receive Purchase Order form when the buttons are disabled for users with a different security level.
- Voucher sales cause incorrect over/short amounts in the Batch List report.
- The Item Movement History report does not show InventoryTransferLog Type 11 movements.
- In the Help Files, the formula for the Inventory Turns calculation is not correct.
Microsoft Dynamics AX for Retail - 2012 - March 2012
Diviasoft, Inc attended Microsoft technical training on the latest Microsoft Dynamics AX for Retail 2012 - Retail ERP solution. Dynamics AX for Retail enables clients to have a single solutions from the Point of Sale to ERP Financials all integrated to work seamlessly. Dynamics AX for Retail is a scalable global solutions for Enterprise Retail management.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 and Microsoft Office 365 - February 2012
Diviasoft, Inc is trained and certified in providing Microsoft cloud based solutions to clients in USA. Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 is one of the best CRM online solution which is easy to use and can be customized as per the business needs. Microsoft Office 365 is ideal for clients looking to maximize their business efficency and productivity using cloud based technology.
ElectroMenu - Digital Menu Boards and Diviasoft, Inc. January 2012
Diviasoft, Inc has become a certified provider of ElectroMenu Digital Menu Boards.
ElectroMenu is an easy to use and manage Digital Menu Boards system for Quick Service Retail Food stores and Restaurants.
ElectroMenu makes the Digital Menu creation process simple for our clients. Diviasoft provides the complete system including -
- ElectroMenu Store Controller - Content designer software
- Logic Controls solid state computer
- Training on designing with ElectroMenu
- Set-up and deploy the complete system for clients.
Please contact Diviasoft, Inc for a demo @732-791-2894.
Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) 2.0 Feature Pack 1 has been approved by the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security Standards Council - June 13th, 2011
Microsoft is pleased to announce that Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) 2.0 Feature Pack 1 has been approved by the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security Standards Council, and Microsoft Dynamics RMS has been added to the official list of validated payment applications that are acceptable for new deployments.
To navigate to the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security Standards Council website, follow these steps to view the listing:
- Visit the following website:
Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security Standards Council
- Click the Acceptable for New Deployments tab.
- In the search box, type Microsoft, and then click Search.
- Scroll down to the listing for Retail Management System.
|Microsoft RMS Feature Pack 1 was released by Microsoft in August 2010. RMS Feature Pack -1 has many new features that have been added to Microsoft RMS. Please contact us for more details.
Microsoft Dynamics® RMS 2.0 Feature Pack 1 (FP1) is cumulative and contains all fixes that were included in all prior service packs and hotfixes.
New Features in Feature Pack 1
- Centralized purchasing Create a master purchase order at headquarters for a supplier to deliver to individual stores.
- Landed cost Automatically calculates the landed cost for each item received through purchase orders and inventory transfers.
- Ordering guidance Provides valuable information when ordering or transferring inventory, such as item sales and order history, GMROI, inventory turns, and profit margin.
- Partial shipments Receive partial shipments and process payments against them.
- Global vouchers Offer customers the convenience and flexibility to purchase and use vouchers at any store in the chain.
- Voucher enhancements Automatic voucher numbering, issuing vouchers for store credit, adding funds, and checking balance.
- Voucher accounting improvements Proper accounting of vouchers as a liability until redemption.
Inventory Quantity Tracking and Reporting
- GMROI and Inventory Turns report GMROI (Gross margin return on investment) is a key profitability evaluation ratio that analyzes the ability to turn inventory into cash above the cost of the inventory. View the income on every dollar spent on inventory.
- Inventory Valuation report Track inventory valuation of stores, departments, categories, and specific items for a specified date range. Audit item price, cost, and quantity changes.